We are gathering a robust collection of scholarly work informed by, building on, or responding to the contributions of P. David Pearson.
Our goal is to build and maintain a website that all of us—and our students—can use in the future.
The “Webfestschrift” is a collection resources related to each of the major themes of the PDP Festschrift Symposium held on June 30, 2018:
- The Nature of Comprehension
- Comprehension Instruction
- Comprehension Assessment
- Teacher Learning and Comprehension
- The Stuff of Comprehension: Reader, Text, and Context
Along with these themes, we welcome papers on other related topics, including:
- Comprehension and English Learners
- Comprehension as Critique
- Comprehension and Composition
- Policies that Impact Comprehension Development
- Comprehension and Underserved Students
P. DAVID PEARSON RETIRED AFTER 48 YEARS…
To mark the occasion, a Festschrift celebrating P. David’s life & work took place June 30, 2018 at the brand-new home of the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Education.
In addition to a Festschrift Symposium, we toasted & roasted PDP at an evening reception on Saturday night, David’s former advisees & grad students brunched on Sunday, July 1.
Now, moving forward, all of us will compile our work together in a Webfestschrift, hosted on this very website.